November 7, 2015

Just the same old thought

I've purged all the posts that I didn't like and left the ones that I did. It's my way of autumn cleaning my blog. Some things aren't meant to last even if I do want them to last. Also, this cleaning keeps me here on this blog and not move to another url, which, I would do in an instant if only I have a blog name that I wanted to change to.

It seems to me that (at this moment anyway) blogging has become almost an old practice or an ancient art. Bloggers are leaving their blogs for other platforms of expression and for the more instant kind of platforms like twitter or instagrams. I don't blame them and I don't think it's wrong but I guess I'm just old fashion. I like reading blogs and I like to read them directly.

I don't really see myself as someone who could keep up to speed with everything around me using a little gadget.  I like simple ways and quiet ways. I like not having to read the news or stories on tiny screens. I like not having to learn new names for old things. I like not having to know everything that is going on all at once. Even now, I seemed to have missed a thing or two and that's okay with me.

It's the same old reasons why I haven't gotten myself a facebook page - I simply cannot tolerate so much at once. And I do not want to either. I'm the most unlikely person to change and if you ask me again in a couple of years, I might still feel exactly the same way. Or not. For now, I'm just another blogger sticking to her blog and still, somewhat, not wanting to leave.

16 comments:

  1. I regularly spring clean my blog, deleting old posts, changing photographs. And I agree with what you wrote here about liking simple, quiet ways. I have a couple of social media outlets but I don't use them much, at least not compared to other people. I prefer blogging and always will. I'm glad you feel the same, I love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's good to clean one's blog once in a while even the little things...

      thanks for your visit, I don't think I visit you enough so thanks so much. have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. I've never deleted a post yet, once I went back to a particular post after about a year, to remove plain gossip I had about one of my best friends, can you imagine. Nothing is private in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's true, once a post is up, it's out there and any privacy you had is mostly gone. but I guess it also depends what you say to be private or not.

      thanks for your visit, hope you have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. I don't really spring clean...although when I knew I was about to be published in children's fiction, I did go in and delete all my older blogs just in case there might be something I wouldn't want to be out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's better to delete than to wonder about what if's...

      thanks for your visit, hope you have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. my favorite of them all is blogging
    i feel that we can present more fully, more intimately
    perhaps it turns into more of a visit, where people might pause to consider
    i like that
    i have never done spring cleaning of my blogs or changing the photos
    i would feel like i am cheating..... or something
    but maybe you have given me courage to consider going back and changing things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everyone's different and I think, you should do what you feel is comfortable to you. in a way, by removing posts, it's almost like deleting a bit of your past.



      Delete
  5. love your art too
    makes me want a cuppa something warm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I should have added some smoke or some wisp of white to show it's a hot drink, maybe later...

      thanks for your visit, hope you have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. These are very much my thoughts as I do not wish to leave my blog to go to Instagram or exchange with others on Facebook. I am happy with my lot and my own space and don't feel the need to change that as long as I am content this way! I have also done a little photo clearing of the very old postings on my blog. I am just not there anymore and it's nice to feel renewed and fresh again.

    Visiting people on their blogs is like dropping in on friends in the intimity of their own space. I love it when people do the same to me! I always enjoy your art so much and your harmonious choice of colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is a good way to think of bloggers and blogs - as old friends and it is true as whenever I see someone who had not updated their blog suddenly have a post up, I feel like I should go and say hello and tell them I'm glad they're still around.

      thanks for your visit, hope you have a lovely day.

      Delete
  7. Making room is always good when you can. I use Twitter and will soon do Instagram, but still prefer my blogging. Hate that I have been behind lately, but like you, I totally enjoy interacting on other blogs. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's bad to be on social media, I just don't think I can keep up. now blogs are much easier to follow.

      thanks for your visit, have a great day.

      Delete
  8. I like to read blogs, too. It is far more interesting to read a good blog than to look at a instagram account or Facebook.
    I use instagram to show my work, but I prefer my blog, because there I can tell the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love blogging and I hope you will stick to it! Things have been quite busy here and I have not posted anything in at least 2 months, even more I guess. But I have so many ideas for my blog and I definitely want to spend more time writing! Hope you are having a great week! <3

    ReplyDelete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it. " -- Kurt Vonnegut