October 13, 2015

Seven Things: rereading unlikable books & blogging schedules

'she reads books'
01/ On impulse, I purchased the Anne of Green Gables trilogy, read it and liked it. When I read the first book a few years ago, I didn't like it but for some one reason or another, I like it now. I'm not certain as to why but perhaps age has something to do with it and perhaps my judgement of people and things has changed. Whatever the reason, I'm glad I've read it and maybe I'll reread some of those books that I've read and didn't like.

02/ I am almost convinced I'll get run over by a car someday. Just this morning, this woman sped down her driveway without even looking or rather she drove like a mad woman as if running for her life. Is it not the driver's responsibility to slow down and stop and look both ways before speeding out of their driveway so that they won't run down pedestrians and the pedestrians won't sue them for running them over? I guess that is the hazard of living in the city.

03/ Sign I would like to make for today:
"My brain has left for the day (and the perhaps the rest of the year). I don't know where it went, perhaps it went on a long vacation to Paris or Rome or some untraveled part of the world but if you happen to see it, please be kind and send it my way or better yet, buy it a plane ticket home."

04/ Why is it that every time I like a tv show character, they just up and killed them off? And the death is sometimes so insensible, so unjustified. I guess that's one reason I've stopped watching tv. Of course, movies are just as bad. I just saw one recently where they killed off a main character far too early, I think. I guess the film maker wanted to get to the end sooner which does make sense but I see no reason whatsoever why the character could've live a bit longer and died just the same way. After all, the message of the film is that we should live even if death is all around us but to cut a life short when he is just about to live it? Well, I guess I'm just a sucker for happy endings. 

05/ Whenever I see that my (current) blog have reached 100 posts, I have an to urge to change url. I don't know why but it does feel like I've completed something and that I should be moving on.

06/ I have a terrible habit of picking hobbies and not complete them. I went to the trouble of getting all the supplies needed, all the tutorial books and then I try doing it but then a week later or more, I would loose interest. It is as if whatever excitement I had in the beginning just dissipated. Just the other week I wanted to try weaving when I read about it on a blog. I was already to purchase the supplies but wisely, I waited and now I'm not quite sure I want to take up weaving.

07/ I have no blogging schedule, never did. I just post whenever I want and whenever I feel there is too much time in between posts. But I think this kind of random posting is a little too... random. I sometimes envy those bloggers who post every day. So I'm thinking of trying that out in November - post something every day. It's still undecided. Anyone willing to join me in posting every day in November? We can decide on themes or topics or anything that will make it easier. Let me know if you're interest.

Extra: 8/ I have consolidated all the pages (about, feed, bloglovin, blogroll, etc.) into one page over here. I just thought the menu was getting a little crowded.

12 comments:

  1. number 5 is funny...well not really but...a different way of thinking about things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe, I think our way of thinking change with time and I suppose not all us think the same way.

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Rereading books we didn't like the first time around is quite good - as we change over time and are more ready for certain things at a later date.

    I never do a new blog posting unless I am inspired, so my once a week blogging schedule fell out of the window! I couldn't blog every day, it would become a chore for me, and maybe also for others - and that is not the point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, time changes us, I suppose.

      actually, I've already decided not to post every day for November. It was a nice idea but I don't think it will work for me.

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you like Anne now :-) I always enjoy your lists, and have to say that I can unfortunately relate all to well to number six.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't we all do #6? I suppose that's everyone. sometimes I think we have more distractions than we need.

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. such a lovely piece of art
    i really love it
    you seem to be such a good reader
    i rarely sit down and read a book from cover to cover, even though i enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't actually as much as I used to but even with so many options, I find most books too hard to read and not because they're not interesting but because my attention span wane far too easily.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. do be careful out in traffic Lissa, that's scary what you wrote about above. too many drivers distracted these days, it's a jungle on the streets it seems, even in our very small city.

    I loved the sketch (as always). Have a good and safe week, G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's city life - more cars than people, now if only it's the opposite.

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. I recently got all the supplies to start sewing. A machine, books, and all the accessories you need....and I have not even found the time to start yet. So I feel you. Still hoping to find the time to start soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll get to it as for me, once I lose interest, it rarely comes back. good luck.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it. " -- Kurt Vonnegut