August 9, 2015

First Versions

I saved first versions of my drawings so there are different versions of each piece and some of them has more than one version. I wouldn't call them drafts or sketches, they are more like first ideas, first versions that came along. You might not be familiar with some of these as I've posted these at other blogs and two from this year. I suppose I do kind of improve on the first versions but sometimes I prefer the first version. Here's some first versions with the final versions next to them.

'cup heart' - this piece was a while ago so I don't even remember how I got to this other version but I'm glad I did.

'the sailor mermaid' - somehow when I redrew this I decided to add the corks on the boat because I've already decided there was going to be bottles in the water & the story was, she would pick up the bottles and save the content and bottle and cork or perhaps she is the one who put objects into bottles and drop them off into the water for her mermaid friends to find.

'wings' - I already knew I was going to redraw this so I sort of winged it and then redrew the final, though you can tell the wings are not really symmetical.

'mermaid music' - I don't recall at what point I decided she should be listening to music as I really just want to draw a mermaid. So naturally since there's music, her hair would make more shapes including a clef.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You drew these? What fabulous talent you have, and they are so beautifully done. Hugs..www.intheknowwithro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why yes, I drew these.

      thanks for your visit. have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Of course you drew these! Who else can do it
    that beautifully :))
    Love the last one completely top to bottom! :))
    I love them all :))

    Have a wonderful week!
    Möwe

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful first versions, thanks for sharing, Lissa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Immensely gifted you are, really lovely work. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful, Lissa! I LOVE the Mermaid Music one... it's STUNNING! And it's really fascinating to see some of the design process behind your lovely images - I love behind-the-scenes things!
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented, Lissa! I love to see the early stages of your work! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Have a great week! <3

    ReplyDelete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it. " -- Kurt Vonnegut