July 17, 2015

Get to know your fellow blogger: Emma

This week's blogger is: Emma from the Earth through a Lens

[ Part I: About blogging ]
01/ How many blogs do you have that are currently active?
I just have one currently active blog, which is the only blog I've ever had!

02/ What is your blog about? Do you have a tag line?
My blog is essentiality thoughts, or the way I see the world, with the occasional DIY or life update thrown in.

03/ Is your blog a reflection of you or just a place for your creative/personal outlet?
My blog is definitely a reflection of me, but as with all things on the internet, just a small part of who I am.

04/ How did you come up with the name for your blog?
I wanted it to be related to writing and I write about how I see the world, and so I came up with the idea of 'the Earth through a Lens', because I wear glasses and so technically I see everything through a lens. It wasn't until after I had set up my blog that I realised most people thought of a camera lens when they heard lens!

05/ Do you have a blogroll or a reading list of your favorite blogs? If not, then what blogs do you like reading?
I do have a blogroll, which I will just link to here to make life simpler, these are all absolutely wonderful blogs.

06/ What category or categories do you think your blogs falls under? For example: book blog, a cooking blog, an art blog, etc. OR simply just a blog?
I'm pretty sure it isn't technically in a category, but there are definitely other blogs out there like it, I don't really know how else to describe other than my thoughts!

07/ Do you have a blogging schedule or do you post any time you like?
I used to try and post once a week, and I was pretty good at sticking to that last year. I would normally post on the weekends when I had more time. This year with uni it's become more like once or twice a month, just until I get my feet back on the ground with leaving home and everything.

08/ Do you use a blog template (brought or free from the net) or do you design your own blog?
I designed my blog myself, it isn't the greatest, but I think it reflects me well, which was important to me with the blog design.

09/ List 3 things that you always have on your blog.
An about page, because I know that people always visit that to get basic info about the blogger. An archive, because personally I really like being able to go back and find certain posts on other people's blogs. And it seems obvious, but a follow button! There are some blogs out there that don't have one, and it is just too complex to try and find a way to follow it yourself.

10/ What advice did you wish someone had given to you when you first started blogging?
Make your images fill the post area!!! It looks so much better when you do this, especially with vertical images.


[ 
Part II: About the blogger ]
01/ Do you have any nicknames? If you have more than one, do you have a preference?
Sometimes people call me Em, but they are mostly people from when I was really young. I don't really have a preference for nicknames though, people can just call me whatever. :)

02/ List 7 words to describe you.
This is hard. Um... mostly happy, often pensive, curious, and quiet until I get to know people. (yes, I'm aware that wasn't really 7, but it still did the job, didn't it?!)

03/ If you do not have to worry about time or money, what is your favorite way to spend your day?
On my bed with my very fluffy blanket and some snack food, reading and dozing the day away.

04/ What are some of your hobbies or things that you do that people might not know about?
I really love dancing! Mostly contemporary ballet, but other forms too. :)

05/ What is the one book that you love that you would recommend to just about everybody?
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. This book creates a world that feels like you could stay there, irregardless of whether there is a story or not, which I think is quite a feat.

06/ Do you have a favorite item or items that you often use and would not wish to live without? 
A pen.

07/ List 7 of your favorite things.
fairy lights, musicals, spending time with friends, bagels, candles and blankets.

08/ When are you most creative/productive? The morning, the afternoon or night or just about any time?
I am most productive when I am well rested, and it generally doesn't matter what time of the day it is.


5 comments:

  1. 7 words to describe you is a pretty hard question but I think Emma's answer is almost what I would answer too, although, it really depends on the time of day but today, they fit me well.

    I do like 'the earth through a lens' and I did not really thought of photography until later but it really is a great blog name and it fits Emma just perfectly.

    thank you emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know more about Emma, great interview Lissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading this post and discovering a new blogger. I'm going to check out Emma's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Interview! The Night Circus is on my pile of books I am planning to read as well. I am sure it is great, I only heard good things about it!

    ReplyDelete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it. " -- Kurt Vonnegut