June 24, 2015

Little Red in Indigo

Little Red in Indigo
closeup 1
closeup 2

This is the night version of this drawing here. This night version is actually the first version but since I like it so much I thought I do a day version and so I worked on the day version even before I finished this version.

There is not much color changes - her hood is now red instead of white, but that's about it. Since it's a night scene, a blue hue is added over everything. I guess I would put this at nautical twilight, I'm not sure, just that everything is a shade of indigo and some yellow from the lantern she is holding.

Click on the images for a larger view. The day version is here.

Which do you like better? This night version or the day version? I favor the day version as I really like all colorful flowers surrounding her.


10 comments:

  1. beautiful painting Lissa, wonderful details and colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, you are too kind. actually, I do like the colors as well.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. They are both wonderful and beautiful in their own way. I'll always love best anything to do with the night :-) But it would be hard to choose between the two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like more of the day version but I wouldn't be able to decide which I like better. as I'm more into doing bright and day pieces more often.

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. I love both versions, Lissa. If I have to decide, then I pick the night version. The animals are all so fabulous! Hope you are having a nice weekend! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like that the animals look so different here as their eyes glow in the dark.

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. entirely enchanting
    because it is night it draws me in a different way than the day time
    but i love them each the same

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is something about seeing things at the night that is vastly different from day & so I suppose why I thought this would suit more for night but I kind of like the day version as well.

      thanks for your visit, hope you have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. WOW, Lissa, the night version is even more magical. I adore this. Wow, wow wow. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's four 'wows', thank you!

      have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it. " -- Kurt Vonnegut