February 25, 2015

Of wings & stories & photographs never taken


Just a list:

01/ The drawing above was done last year. I'm very in favorite of wings and probably would have filled every one of my drawings with someone with wings.

02/ I write my stories in notebooks now. It seems so much easier. Although the typing into the computer part is always a task I don't seem to like.
03/ I've stopped carrying my camera around every day because it weights a lot and seems to weight me down. But every time I see a beautiful sky, I would wish I have my camera. But that only lasts for a few seconds and then I'm relief not to have my camera because it frees me from having to rush to get the shot. Of cause, from time to time, I do regret not taking a certain shot even when I have my camera, so really, all those photographs I didn't take? I should them disappear from my thoughts.

04/ I am no longer doing Pinterest because it just seems like I'm not doing it for my benefit rather it's like I'm doing it to show people my good taste or something.  So what if I create beautiful boards? What's the use when I don't even use them myself?
05/ I think technology and I no longer get along.  First my alarm clock stopped and then my wrist watch stopped and then my laptop stopped working and then even when I have a new working laptop, it refuse to read my external drive with my backups and I even have to buy extra wires to get it to read it. Then I accidentally drop the external hard drive and now it really doesn't work at all. Then my second wrist watch stopped working as well and it isn't even digital. Of cause, there's also my phone which is so good at making those beeping sounds when it runs out of battery every 3-4 days. I'm thinking of getting rid of all the tech gadgets except maybe my laptop.
06/ I've deleted most of my unused blogs because I'm foolish that way.
07/ I believe everyone else is somewhere else instead of being at their blogs and yet, I still keep checking people's blogs for updates because I prefer to read blogs more than facebook/twitter/instagram/and all other media that are suppose to be better and easier and faster. I guess I'm just very old fashion.

9 comments:

  1. I love this picture, it's gorgeous! You make me laugh with the point about Pinterest - most of my boards are private (I use them for visual inspiration for writing) but I still wrestle with that thing of wanting public boards - why? So I can show people my style? It's silly. The more I think about Pinterest, the less I understand it. Great for storyboarding, but what's with collecting scores of boards for no apparent personal use, just to show the world one's style, or create colour-themed collections?

    Always so lovely to see a post from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's why I quit Pinterest, I really do not understand it, I guess some people might some use as you do but I guess it's not for me.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous
    i love that you like wings
    me too
    and feathers.....

    wow, that is a lot of stuff not working.
    sure, get rid of them, except your laptop.....

    i like blogs best, they feel more personal, a more complete offering than FB and the rest
    but people seem to enjoy clicking like in 1/50th of a second and on to the next like more than visiting a blog
    so interesting how all these places have taken off

    the best is life off the computer or phone, but we are all so shall i say addicted? or use to these ways of communication
    can we sit still and watch the clouds without snapping a photo, you are ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I believe we are all addicted to our phones and gadgets, it's a wonderful people are talking to each other at all.

      thanks for stopping by, hope you have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. #5 absolutely sounds like me. :) I think technology hates me. All my stuff stops working at some point, I am having troubles with my laptop and my phone right now. Often things just break without a reason.
    I like blogs way more than Facebook or Twitter. I rarely spend any time there, blogs are so much more interesting!
    Have a wonderful weekend, Lissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of cause technology choose to always break down when you really need it, but that's the way it goes I guess.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Hi Lissa, thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm sorry that I've been one of those people you mentioned who have been away from their blogs and spending elsewhere!! I was addicted to Pinterest before but am pinning less these days. I think its great for storyboarding and collecting ideas. I really enjoy being on Instagram now. I really love your drawing of the girl with wings. Its so beautiful and delicate. Its great to see that you are still drawing and keep up the good work. Its lovely to connect with you again. Have a lovely week! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I kind of lost interest in pinterest, I honestly have no use for the boards other than to look at beautiful things.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. I totally agree with you on the blog front. And yes about gadgets too, let alone the need to carry a camera. I don;t either. I have my phone if I need it.

    ReplyDelete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it. " -- Kurt Vonnegut